Let’s get one thing straight before we dive right in. I’m not a baker nor does baking cookies and cake give me life. I didn’t grow up in a dessert baking/making household, but I do want to change that for my kids. So this is a really simple chocolate chip cookie that my daughters and myself can follow 🙂
1/2 cup butter (I use unsalted)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking sode
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips (I use semisweet)
- Melt butter in microwave for 20-30 seconds. There may be a small chunk left. Stirring will melt the rest of the butter.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt together, and give it a quick whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix butter with the white and brown sugars. Use whisk or hand blender to mix until well combined.
- Add vanilla extract and egg, mix until it is incorporated.
- Add half of the flour mixture in the sugar mixture. Whisk until fully incorporated. Add the rest of the flour mixture and whisk.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir. I learned it is better to fold instead of mix, you learn how the folding technique here.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Scoop about 1.5 tablespoons of dough, use your palms to roll into a ball, and place them at least 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes and enjoy!
I gotta admit, the hardest part about making these delicious chocolate chip cookies is the clean up!
I hope you enjoy this yummy treat as much as my family does!